2021 is set to see a summer of car journeys and increased spending. Radio advertising will offer more opportunities to connect
As lockdown restrictions began to be relaxed, and life started to return to normal, Radiocentre partnered with DRG to explored consumer attitudes and planned behaviour resulting from this post-pandemic effect. It’s clear that people are keen to resume activities that were part of their lives pre-COVID.
For many, home-working will remain part of their life. However, in parallel with greater freedom to travel, people plan to make more car journeys where possible, opening up opportunities for advertisers to engage with them via Commercial radio.
- People are eager to get out to spend their money, enjoying days out and holidays in the UK
- A strong desire remains to support local businesses and shop local
- With underlying concerns remaining around public transport, the car will provide many with the easiest and safest travel option, whatever their plans
- During these frequent car journeys (for a broad range of purposes) the radio will provide a great opportunity for advertisers
- Commercial Radio Listeners tune in during car journeys and are receptive. They can be reached at a time when they’re in a positive mindset, heading out for enjoyable activities
- Motoring is on the minds of Commercial Radio Listeners, with many planning to make a car related purchase in the immediate future