7 things we learned from the latest RAJARs
Things are normally a bit quieter in the second quarter of RAJAR figures, but 2019’s summer release bucked that trend with a number of headlines worth paying attention to.
We’ve picked out seven of the most important numbers for you to remember below:
- 36,417,000 – our new record-breaking weekly audience, which works out to 65% of the population
- 34% – the increase in share of listening year-on-year via connected devices
- 13.5 – the average number of hours commercial radio is being listened to each week, up 3% year-on-year
- 9 out of 10 – how many people tune in to the radio every week in the UK
- 56% – digital’s share of listening
- 60% – the share of listening that happens at home, while driving makes up 24% of listening, and work/elsewhere is 16%
- 26% – the percent of adults who say they own a voice-activated speaker – that’s one in four
Check out more stats from the Q2 2019 release on the RAJAR website.