Taste, Harm & Offence
Section 4 of the BCAP Code applies.
Advertisements must not cause serious or widespread offence against generally accepted moral, social or cultural standards.
Advertisements must contain nothing that could cause physical, mental, moral or social harm to persons under 18.
Take particular care with jokes and scenarios involving:
- death, suicides and funerals;
- race or ethnic minorities;
- disabilities and illnesses;
- cruelty to animals.
- sexuality and transgender issues and people. For guidance on transgender issues you can contact Trans Media Watch
- violence, crime and abuse