Helpnote – Betting & Gaming
All ads should make clear if the offer promoted applies to new accounts / customers only.
Free credit / matched bets
- Does a minimum deposit or stake apply? If so, the ad should make this clear and state how much (e.g. “deposit at least £20 and we’ll match it”);
- Are free matched bets worth a maximum value? The ad should state this, e.g. “free matched bets worth up to £100”;
- Are there any conditions to how free credit is spent? e.g. is a further minimum spend required to make withdrawals from your account (to “cashout”)? If so, the ad will need to make this explicit. This is following an upheld ASA complaint.
Money back/refund losing bets
- The ad will need to make clear if exclusions apply to the offer or if it does not apply to all bets and markets / applies to selected bets and markets;
- If a maximum refund and / or minimum spend apply, the ad should state this.
Free bingo nights
- Does any minimum spend apply, e.g. on food and drink?
- Are all games free or do exclusions apply? e.g. does free play exclude national games?